Summer has arrived and with that comes cookouts and parties and an allergy moms worst nightmare becomes a reality! The days of going to a party or cookout and relaxing were gone in my eyes when I realized my kids ADHD symptoms were a direct result of food allergens and they would know have to be on a new restricted diet. We have to bring all food with us to everything it can definitely be time consuming. With any new challenge though it took me some time to learn to alter some of my already amazing recipes and make them so my kids can enjoy them. Now I am the mom who brings the allergy friendly dessert or side to a cookout and other people who have food allergies are able to enjoy it as well! So fourth of July weekend was upon me and I am known for this amazing “Death by Chocolate Dessert” but I had to find a way to make it Gluten Free and Dairy Free so both my kids could enjoy it as well…and I was able to and I think it tastes better than my original recipe filled with gluten and dairy!
What you will need….
- 1 box Gluten Free Brownie mix (make according to directions) I use Enjoy Life Brownie Mix
- 16 oz. coconut whip cream- So Delicious Brand
- 8 oz. package of Enjoy life chocolate chip morsels
- 6 chocolate pudding cups( Mine were made with almond milk) you can also find pudding mixes and use coconut milk so it is a peanut-free recipe!
- Prepare your brownie mix according to box directions.
- When brownies are still warm, cut it into small squares, leaving it in the pan.
- Once cake is cooled, spread 1/3 of it in the bottom of the trifle bowl.(see step one above)
- Cover the cake pieces with one 1/3 of the chocolate pudding (see step 2 above)
- Add some of your chocolate chip pieces (see step 2 above)
- Add 1/3 of your container of Whip Cream (see step 3 above)
- Create two more layers the exact same way.
- Finally, sprinkle on chocolate chip morsels to top everything off
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Allergens : Egg and Peanuts
Dairy Free, Dye Free, Gluten Free, Preservative Free
This is a very easy and quick recipe to take to any party or event, make sure you check out the rest of our allergy-friendly recipes on the blog!