I’m not sure about your house but in my house, Tuesday is “Taco Tuesday” for dinner…EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY! This Tuesday I was over making traditional taco’s and decided to make a casserole with taco meat and change things up a bit. It was a huge hit, to say the least, and the kids actually named it the “Taco Pizza Casserole” and it is very easy to make and takes under 30 minutes. This recipe is also gluten free, dairy free and peanut free and most of all kid friendly!
1 Package of Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread mix (Make mix according to package, this mix is GF/DF)
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
1 can of olives
1 package of corn
1 package of nature’s promise boneless chicken breast
1 Package of Taco Seasoning( Simply Organic)
- Make your Cornbread mix according to the package directions and spread into a 9×13 casserole dish. I make sure to spray my pan with coconut oil first so the bread doesn’t stick. Put your cornbread in the oven on 375 degrees for about 10 minutes so the bread starts to become firm.
2. Cook your chicken and add in your taco seasoning while the cornbread is starting to cook in the oven.
3. Once your cornbread has begun to firm up in the oven (about 1o minutes) pull it out and begin to layer your corn, tomatoes, olives and chicken. ( You can really add anything to this, for example, non-dairy sour cream, guacamole, chili peppers, etc.)
4. Finally, top with a package of Daiya shredded cheese (Non-Dairy) and put back in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 375 degrees.
5. Serve and enjoy with your family with any topping you would add to your normal taco dish!
For more Gluten Free, Dairy Free recipes make sure to visit our Allergy Friendly Recipe Page!