Yes, it is possible to make alfredo sauce without using dairy! I know I didn’t think so myself until I came up with this little masterpiece about a month ago…and I have been procrastinating about doing the blog post for it, in true ADHD style! I am 100% Italian so when my family had to go Gluten Free and Dairy Free it was what I imagined the end of the world would look like, no bread, no pasta, and to make things even worse, no milk . So after it took me months to get out of my deep depression from this, and I realized how much better I felt and how much better my kids felt I had to figure out a way to make some great Italian dishes without the classic ingredients I had used for years. So enjoy this very simple recipe and make sure you let us know if made the cut in your house!
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 2lbs of boneless chicken cutlets or breasts
- 1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk
- 1 Package of Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb of Brown Rice Spaghetti or Gluten Free Spaghetti of your choice
- 1 tsp of Minced garlic
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Basil
1.Melt 1/4 cup Earth Balance in the skillet with your minced garlic and your other seasonings
2. Add your chicken into your pan or skillet and cook on low until there is no pink showing.
3. In a separate small pan add 1 1/2 cups of the almond milk. Heat for a few minutes on medium heat,
Then add the entire package of Daiya cheese, keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn and make sure your cheese is melted.
*It might seem thin at first but it will thicken once it is mixed with your chicken*
4. Add your sauce to your pan/pot with your chicken and mix around on low heat so that your sauce thickens a little.
5. Add to your pasta and your meal is complete!
Thank You for checking out my Chicken Alfredo Recipe and as always make sure to leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it!