What a week it has been, my kids are coming to the tail end of the school year and it is almost summer break in our house! I’m also almost 7 months pregnant and have no desire to stand nevermind make elaborate dinners every night. I cook on the grill a lot in the summer but every now and then I decide to throw together a quick casserole and call it a night.
On a better note, I need to tell you all about this Chicken & Stuffing Bake. It’s a recipe my Mom has made for years. This was definitely in my top 5 favorite dinners Mom would make for us. Layers of seasoned chicken, creamy chicken soup and stuffing come together in this comforting dish. You may already have your own version of this classic but I wanted to share the way I’ve made an alternate Dairy Free and Gluten Free version for my family who has some wonderful food sensitivities and allergies. First of all, I don’t use pre-cooked chicken like most of the recipes out there. I think it comes out way too dry. It’s so easy to just cook the chicken right along with everything else. It saves a lot of time and energy.
Another thing I wanted to mention is the alternative to using the canned condensed soups. I am not opposed to using them at all, but I know many are, so luckily I have a homemade version with Dairy Free Sour Cream and Simply Organic French Onion soup mix!
I hope you all enjoy this one as much as we do! I like to serve a side of broccoli or corn with it and it makes one delicious dinner!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces
- I container of Tofutti Dairy Free Sour cream
- 1 Package of Simply Organic- French Onion Soup Mix (Gluten Free/Dairy Free)
- 1 (10ounce) box Aleia’s Gluten Free Stuffing Mix
- 2 cups chicken broth-
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into one-inch pieces. Lay out evenly in the bottom of prepared dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the sour cream and french onion soup mix Pour over the chicken and mix with some of your Daiya Shredded cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Make your Aleia’s Stuffing Mix per the box directions and pull your casserole out of the oven and put over your casserole. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER ALLERGY FRIENDLY RECIPES BELOW!