This post is a follow-up to my Epstein Barr Virus post that I wrote a few months ago and have received an overwhelming response to! Due to that post having tons of information one thing I keep getting emails about is, “How do I treat my EBV so I can get my life back?” The school of thought on this is very torn, some doctors say EBV cannot be cured and it will last in your system forever. Other’s believe there are ways to cure EPV or at least keep your immune system from constantly flaring up or reactivating the virus. Below are some remedies over the years I have found to help with symptoms as well as treat CEBV. If you are currently undergoing any treatment yourself or have a specific protocol that you feel worked , please share it we would love to share it with others suffering from this chronic auto-immune disease.
Drink 8-ounce glasses of pure water as well as fresh juice daily. “Green drinks” made from leafy green vegetables are also beneficial. Eat a diet that emphasizes wholesome soups, root vegetables, and whole grains, including brown rice. Avoid coffee, fried foods, processed foods, soft drinks, stimulants, sugar, tea, and white flour. These depress immune function. Consume as much raw food as possible.
- Cat’s claw: herb that reduces EBV and cofactors such as strep A and strep B.
- HerpEze– Helps with cold sores and viral load
- Silver hydrosol: lowers EBV viral load.
- Zinc– strengthens the immune system and protects the thyroid from EBV inflammation.
- Vitamin B12 : strengthens the central nervous system.
- Licorice root: lowers EBV production and strengthens the adrenals and kidneys.
- Lemon balm: antiviral and antibacterial. Kills EBV cells and strengthens the immune system.
- 5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate): helps strengthen the endocrine system and central nervous system.
- Selenium-strengthens and protects the central nervous system.
- Red marine algae: powerful antiviral that removes heavy metals such as mercury and reduces viral load.
- L-lysine– lowers EBV load and acts as a central nervous system anti-inflammatory.
- Spirulina (preferably from Hawaii): rebuilds the central nervous system and eliminates heavy metals.
- Ester-C: strengthens the immune system and flushes EBV toxins from the liver.
- Nettle leaf: provides vital micronutrients to the brain, blood, and central nervous system.
- Monolaurin: antiviral; breaks down EBV load and reduces cofactors.
- Elderberry: antiviral; strengthens the immune system.
- Red clover: cleanses the liver, lymphatic system, and spleen of neurotoxins from EBV.
- Star anise: antiviral; helps destroy EBV in the liver and thyroid.
- Curcumin: component of turmeric that helps strengthen the endocrine system and central nervous system.
- PROBIOTICS– We use GutPro after many trials with probiotics this was the best, no d-lactate, no strep strains, no allergens! THIS WAS KEY TO HEALING MY STOMACH WHICH HELPED HEAL MY IMMUNE S
My Current Protocol-
1- Vitamin D3 at 10,000 iu/ Vitamin K 100 mg for every 1,000 mg of Vitamin D daily for three months.
2- 1000 mg Lysine tablets first month x 3 times daily before meals by 1 hour.-SEE ABOVE
3- 1000 mg Vitamin C, 3 x daily before meals. First month.-SEE ABOVE
4- Sambucol Antiviral, Elderberry Extract double dose is taken 4 times daily before meals by 1 hour. 3 months
5- Milk Thistle brand 3 capsules x 3 x daily. 3 months
6- Three caps of HerpeEze Antiviral product x 3 times daily before meals. 3 months
7- Heathy diet with no junk food, all organic vegetables.
8- Suntan daily 30 minutes.
9-Silver Hydrosol Nose spray-See above- To help with immune function
10- Probiotic-See Above to help with gut health
11. Lemon Balm Once Daily in AM