I love this cookie recipe because it really is easy and fast to make. No stand mixer, no chilling the dough, no waiting for butter to soften. At any point in the day, you are less than 3o minutes away from freshly baked dairy free, gluten free and peanut free peanut butter cookies. Just throw the 6 ingredients in a bowl, stir, scoop, press them with a fork to give them that signature criss-cross pattern, bake, enjoy. I was in a rush looking for something to make for one of my kid’s dessert bingo events at school and because I figured there would be nothing else for my kids to eat at the even that was dairy free and gluten free I figured to go the allergen friendly route. With that said my children’s school is also peanut-free so I had to find a good peanut butter substitute that would still make this classic cookie recipe great! I landed on using SunButter as a substitute and it worked out perfectly and the recipe was done in under 15 minutes which was about all I had for the extra time that night before Dessert Bingo!
They are so delicious, and couldn’t be easier to make! Just 6 ingredients: Sunbutter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda and 1 egg. All things I am sure you have in your kitchen right now. I hope your family enjoys this fun and easy recipe as much as my family does and make sure to let us know below how your little ones liked them!
- 1 cup SunButter (Which is Peanut Free)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the oven racks in the upper and lower third. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop out the dough (1.5 tablespoon size balls). Put 9 cookies per sheet. Use a fork to make cross hatches on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are slightly puffed up. Rotate the cookie sheets halfway thru baking. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before eating.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.